Job Vacancy: Marina Customer Service Assistant
Sutton Harbour and King Point Marinas, are looking to recruit a Customer Service Assistant for approximately 30 hours per week. Applicants wishing to work the summer season will be considered although the Company is seeking a permanent employee. Working in accordance with government guidance on safe Covid working practices this is an on-site working role.
The role will entail working as part of a small team and require a person who can focus on providing excellent customer service to current and prospective customers, sales enquiry handling, office administration maintaining records and databases, contract and finance management, assisting at customer networking events all whilst juggling the demands of a busy office.
Skills and Experience Required
• Previous demonstrable experience in a customer facing role which has involved engaging with clients.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal along with outstanding telephone and email etiquette
• Good competence using Microsoft Office, customer databases and an aptitude to learn specific applications.
• Minimum 3 C+ GCSEs including Maths and English.
• Previous experience in a marina or similar business and an interest in sailing would be an advantage.
• Enthusiastic and positive “Can do” attitude.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Excellent memory making clients feel known.
• Confident and professional telephone manner.
• Reliable and resilient personality.
• Ability to work well with colleagues.
• Ability to handle customer relations calmly and effectively.
• Smart and tidy personal appearance.
• Provide the highest standard of service to both internal and external customers.
• Assist in the smooth operation of the marina office.
• Attending to customer enquiries by telephone, e-mail or in person.
• Recording enquiries and responding to them or passing to colleagues as appropriate.
• Maintaining customer databases.
• Preparing invoices and taking payment.
• Telephoning customers to follow up sales and to confirm reservations.
Shift pattern includes weekend and Bank Holiday working at both Sutton Harbour and King Point Marina. Up to 30 hours per week which will include rostered weekend working, with days of work varying weekly in accordance with shift roster.
Hourly rate £9.50/hour, good holiday, pension scheme and staff insurances. Uniform will be provided.
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
The Company Secretary, Sutton Harbour Company, Guy’s Quay, Sutton Harbour, Plymouth, PL4 0ES
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 April 2021